We would like to keep in touch to send you newsletters and invitations. If you wish to not receive those and for us to not store your information please let us know.
1) This data privacy information applies to the data processing by:
TINNAPPELMETZ Retail GmbH
10625 Berlin Charlottenburg
+49 (0)30 250 487 13
2) Personal Data
When you access our website www.tinnappelmetz.com, information will automatically be transmitted to our website’s server by your browser. This information will be temporarily saved in a log file. The following information will, in the process, be recorded without your involvement, and saved until it is deleted automatically:
- – IP address of the computer transmitting the query,
- – date and time of access,
- – name and URL of the file accessed,
- – website from which our site is accessed (referring URL),
- – browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer, as well the name of your access provider.
the aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- – ensuring that the website is enabled to establish the connection smoothly,
- – ensuring convenient use of our website,
- – evaluating the system security and stability and
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR. Our justified interest arises from the purposes for gathering data listed above. Under no circumstances will we use the data gathered for the purpose of drawing conclusions regarding your identity.
We moreover place cookies, as well as analysis services, when you visit our website. You can find further details about this in Clauses 4 and 5 of this Data Privacy Statement.
If you inquire about a specific product from our catalogue, we gather and process the following data, which is necessary for mutual proper contractual fulfilment. The latter includes:
- – name and surname
- – address, street and town
- – telephone number
- – e-mail address
The data processing for the purpose of sending you a quote is performed in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR based on your consent given voluntarily, as well as in accordance with Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR for fulfilling the contract, for instance passing your address and contact details to a shipping company.
3) Personal Data
Your personal data is not transmitted to third parties for purposes other than the purposes listed below.
We only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- – you have granted your express consent to the latter pursuant to Art. 6(1)(1)(a) GDPR,
- – pursuant to Art. 6(1)(1)(f ) GDPR, it is necessary to pass it on in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and no reason exists to assume that you have an overwhelming interest, worthy of protection, in your data not being passed on,
- – in the event that a statutory obligation to pass on the data exists pursuant to Art. 6(1)(1)(c) GDPR, and
- – this is statutorily admissible and, under Art. 6(1)(1)(b) GDPR, is necessary in order to handle contractual relations with you.
Information which emerges in connection with the respective specific device used is stored in the cookie. This does not, however, mean that we are thereby made directly aware of your identity.
In order to optimise usability, we also set temporary cookies, that are stored on your terminal for a certain pre-defined period of time. If you visit our website again, to make use of our services, it is automatically recognised that you have already visited us, as well as what data you entered and settings you selected, so that you do not have to enter them all over again.
Secondly, we set cookies to record statistics on the use of our website, and for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website in order to optimise our services for you (see 5). These cookies enable us to automatically recognise that you have already previously visited us when you visit our website again. These cookies are automatically deleted after a certain pre-defined period of time.
The data processed by the cookies is required for the purposes mentioned, in order to preserve our justified interests, as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You may, however, configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer, or that a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. Completely deactivating cookies may, however, lead to you not being able to use all the functions of our website.
5) Google Analytics
In order to design our web pages in line with customer requirements, and to ensure that our web pages are optimised on an ongoing basis, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Google”). This involves pseudonymised usage profiles being created, and cookies deployed (see Clause 4). The information generated by the cookie on your use of this website, such as:
- – browser type/version,
- – operating system used,
- – referring URL (the page visited previously),
- – host name of the accessing PC (IP address),
- – time of the server query
will be transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and stored there. The information will be used to evaluate use of the website, compile reports on the website activities, and provide further services associated with the use of the website and the Internet for market research purposes and to design these web pages in line with user requirements. This information may also be transmitted to third parties, in so far as such is required by law or if third parties process such data by order. Your IP address will never be merged with other data of Google. The IP addresses are anonymised, making it impossible to identify them (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting your browser accordingly, however we would like to point out that, in that case, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website in their entirety.
You may, moreover, prevent the data generated by the cookie which relates to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being recorded, as well as the processing of such data by Google, by downloading and installing a browser add-on available at the following link
As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular in the case of browsers on mobile terminals, you may additionally prevent your data from being recorded by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie is placed, which prevents your data from being recorded when visiting this website in future. The opt-out cookie only takes effect in this browser, and only when visiting our website, and will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you need to re-set the opt-out cookie.
You can find further information on data privacy in connection with Google Analytics, for instance in the Google Analytics Help at the following link
Social plug-ins (“plug-ins”) of Instagram are also used on our website, and are operated by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (hereinafter referred to as “Instagram”)
The plug-ins are designated in the form of an “Follow us on Instagram”phrase and the below thumbnails.
Whenever you access a page on our website that contains such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct link to Instagram’s servers. The plug-in content is transmitted by Instagram directly to your browser and is integrated into the web page. As a result of this integration, Instagram receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page on our website, even if you do not have an Instagram profile or are not logged into Instagram just now.
This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly by your browser to one of Instagram’s servers in the USA and stored there. If you are logged into Instagram, Instagram can allocate the visit to our website directly to your Instagram account. Whenever you interact with the plug-ins, for example by pressing the “Instagram” button, this information is likewise transmitted directly to one of Instagram’s servers, and stored there.
In addition, the information is published in your Instagram account, and shown to your contacts there.
If you prefer Instagram not to allocate information about the data gathered via our website directly to your Instagram account, you need to log out of Instagram prior to visiting our website.
7) You have the right:
- – pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. You can in particular request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the category of recipients to who your data has been or will be disclosed, the scheduled duration of storage, the existence of a right of correction, deletion, limitation of the processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, in so far as it was not gathered by us, and also the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and any meaningful information on the details of the latter,
- – pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, request the immediate correction of incorrect data or completion of your personal data stored with us,
- – pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary in order to exercise the right of freedom of expression, and information for fulfilling a legal obligation, on grounds of the public interest or in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims,
- – pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, request that the processing of your personal data be limited, in so far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is illegitimate, however you refuse to have it deleted and we no longer need the data, however you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have filed an opposition against the processing under Art. 21 GDPR,
- – pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to obtain your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common and machine-readable format, or to request the transmission of it to another officer responsible for data processing,
- – pursuant to Art. 7(3) GDPR, to revoke your consent, previously granted to us, at any time. The consequence of this is that we can no longer, in the future, continue the data processing that was based on such consent; and
- – pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, complain to a supervisory authority. You can usually, for this purpose, contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or place of work or our registered office.
8) Should your personal data be processed on the basis of justified interests pursuant to Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR, you are entitled, under Art. 21 GDPR, to file an opposition against the processing of your personal data, in so far as grounds exist for the latter which arise from your particular situation or the opposition is filed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of opposition, which will be implemented by us without details of any special situation being required.
Should you wish to make use of your right of revocation or right of opposition, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to email@example.com
9) Data Security
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedures in conjunction with the highest respective encryption level that is supported by your browser. This would generally be 256-bit encryption. Should your browser not support 256-bit encryption, we instead resort to 128-bit v3 technology. You can recognise whether an individual page of our website is transferred encrypted by the key or lock symbol being displayed in the lower status bar of your browser as closed.
In addition, we make use of suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against incidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss or destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. The security procedures we deploy are regularly enhanced to reflect technological progress.
10) This data privacy statement is currently valid and has the status of May 2018.
Through our website and services available via it being enhanced or due to altered statutory or official requirements, it may become necessary to amend this data privacy statement. The current respective data privacy statement can be accessed by you on the website at any time at https://tinnappelmetz.com/privacy/ and printed out.